Translate

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cloth Diaper


I am very impressed with this cloth diaper.  I have been using the ones without the white stretchy strap across the top.  I am in love with these diapers.  They are super easy to clean.  Do not bother buying the white/offwhite/ivory ones.  The other colors will just run into and dye them slightly.  You can wash the inserts and outer shell of the diaper all together.  The difference is that you hang/air dry the outer shell and you can put the cloth wipes and inserts into the drier without a problem.  When washing the outer shell, you CAN leave the snaps snapped together once you size them to your child.  You do not have to unsnap all the snaps each and every time before you put them into the wash.  I recommend these diapers.  Also, I have linked the products that I am using with it.  Make sure you buy at least 1 insert for every diaper that you buy.  Rotate each diaper you use so that they all get equal wear.  You can not use certain butt rash creams like Desitin, because it will make the diapers less absorbent.  If anyone needs me to try and upload a video on how to stuff this diaper, please message me or leave a comment.  I would be more than happy to give you a closer look at the diaper. The cloth wipes are amazing and not harsh on baby's bottom.  They are best when used with the warmer I recommended in an earlier post.  If anyone has ANY questions what so ever, please reach out.  My next blog will have the proper things to use on their butt in case of a rash, the detergent that should be used, and what I use to mix up the wipes.  I call it my wipe potion!  Just remember, you don't want to use any product that will come in contact with the diapers that might make them become less absorbent.  

Pros:
--Healthier for baby   
--More natural
--Less of a cost 
--Helps the child feel when they are wet and could lead to the child wanting to use the toilet when age appropriate.

Con:
--More laundry (though as the person who does the twins' laundry, it is not that taxing.  I do a small load of diapers every day)
--They are bulkier than disposable diapers both in storage and for underneath the clothing (though I do not find it an issue.)
--The family I work for uses disposables overnight, so I don't know how they are overnights.  I have heard and read that some people put in 2 inserts for overnights or if their child is just pees heavily.

#buyclothdiapers

Follow these linsk to read more details about the diapers/buy them and other products directly necessary to owning these diapers:
Cloth Diapers



No comments:

Post a Comment